[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC 4 month rule

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:30:32 -0700

Linda,
I do not know why you keep saying you are to blame.  You were  were not
sanctioned?  Just asking.....That is what the AKC , our Ultimate Governing
Body claims , but to everyone's knowledge, including the AKC YOU are
mentioned NOWHERE.......so why the blame on yourself?   You are obviously
guilty of nothing...please don't get embroiled in what the AKC does NOT see
as your issue, apparently.
Kathy

On 10/4/07, lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx <lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ask AKC.  I have no idea.  When I handled dogs, the AKC rule has always
> been that you can't handle 4 months prior.  Jeff never ever showed for my
> Mom or myself.  I was supporting an entry at a local club who in the past
> counted dogs to hold the major.  Jeff was showing a dog for a friend of
> mine, needed a major to finish. The judge had liked the friends dog in the
> past.   I emailed Jeff and asked him if he had an opening in bitches.  He
> said yes. I never gave it another thought!  It was after the Fut?mat my Mom
> judged. Jeff and I did confirm that he was not showing under me in June.
> Amazing, one of the fall outs is the Winners Bitch from the National. I do
> not personally know the owner, I do remember her crying when she won The
> National. So gracious when people said congrats, seemed to love her dog.  My
> booking a filler caused the removal of her BIM or BOM.  I just knew the 4
> month rule.  I heard a judge whom I battled with on the list sent a letter
> to complain a month ago. .. after the Fut/Mat wins in April.  I thought
> nothing of it, the 4 month rule was not broken.
>
> I have searched,  AKC judging guidelines 4 month prior rule.   Maybe the
> AKC is over German Shepherd complaints and they drew a line?  Perhaps Carmen
> knows? Perhaps Carmen has an inside track?
>
> I  have had a good number of emails from judges on the list in
> private.  They want to know why AKC made the ruling, because they understood
> the rule as 4 month prior. That is clear in the judges rules and Fut/Mat
> contract.  BTW: Do not blame the PC, they had to follow the AKC.
>
> I am sooooo sorry for the people this hurt.  It was not intentional and I
> am to blame.

> From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Call me confused... if there was no violation of AKC rules, why did they
> > take away the win?

> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original
> author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Ch. Elvaston's Nations Cup, TC, OFA