[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC

  • From: janbraeloch@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:48:57 -0500

I agree that the only way in which to negotiate well is to listen and discuss,
using reason and speaking or writing in a calm fashion. I do, however, disagree
with rolling over and playing dead when there is reason to negotiate.
We need to draw a line in the sand at the point at which the AKC rep became
physical. The point that has been made and needs to continue to be made is that
this becomes assault when someone places a hand on anyone in anger.

We do all know that sometimes double handling becomes crazy. It is funny to
watch and we enjoy the excitement. The AKC has a right to put a stop to the
doubling when it is disturbing others. I am sure that most of us would back off
and become more subtle at the suggestion.

No one, however, should have to tolerate aggressive behavior from a rep or
anyone else, for that matter.? Reminders, yes, and, if necessary, being asked
to leave. But hands on??? We can't accept that in any fashion.

Enough from me!

Jan Stevenson
Marietta, New York

http://webmail.aol.com