[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC

  • From: "Becky T. Dickson" <gretchanya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, amidon@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:31:41 -0500

 Reference the below email:
I DID complain about the Rep putting her hands on me and several others.
Another person whose complaint I read also complained to Peter about the same
behavior.
If you would like to see my complaint, please email me and I will give you a
copy. Also, when Peter replied, my entire email to him and Darrell Hayes was
included, so I know he read it.

From: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>

From: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>

spoke with Mr. Gaeta yesterday.? Talk about an intense man.? Anyway, I learned
some things from him.? The GSD fancy is being closely scrutinized.? That show
was the straw that broke the camel's back for them.? He stated the complaints
have become out of control from AB shows and combined specialties.? Since I
wasn't there, I did not discuss specifics other than to say
there were reports that the Rep put "hands on" people.? He stated they had not
one complaint about that and if true, the police should've been called.? The
AKC
does not tolerate that from their Reps.? Ok, that is all well and good,?
But, I also addressed the double handling rule and asked for a specific rule or
section that says it is not allowed.? He basically said that anything that
interferes with the judging of the dogs or disturbs other exhibitors is not
allowed.? He could not cite a specific rule and said that it is about ring
control and the Judge.??
> Ok, now that all being said, here is what I
read between the lines.? The AKC is going to start looking much closer at
specialties.? He stated that the GSD folks have gotten away with so much at?our
specialties that we feel we have a "right" to do whatever we want at any show,
regardless of the etiquette or rules.

> As I stated, I wasn't
there so did not say anything other to ask for the AKC side of the story.? He
had no problem spewing it out to me.? This is obviously a big issue right
now.??The moral of the story is that we are going to be?looked at and need to
be
on good behavior.? Any little thing is going to be dissected and used against
us.? OTOH, if an incident occurs that is unfair or illegal, we must all be
willing to report it immediately.? That is the only way the AKC will see both
sides of the story.

> Laura Thomas?????

SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC

>?
> In a
message dated 12/12/2007 9:27:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,

lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
> I don't think it would be in the best
interest of GSD people to complain to
> the AKC at this time. I think
after all that has been going on in the GSDCA we
> are being watched by
big brother very closely.

> Lee, I don't understand.? What
does one thing have to do with another.? I
> agree there has been
problems in the GSDCA however I do not see what that would
> have
anything to do with a rep putting their hands on an exhibitor??

>?
> Are you saying it was ok and be quite because someone
else screwed up????
>?
> Just checking...?
LOL

> Deb

POST is Copyrighted 2007.? All material remains the property of the
original
> author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS of any kind
> are permitted without prior permission of the
original author? AND of the
> Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS
RESERVED.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,
REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON
SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL
> PARTIES TO THE POST AND
THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A
> VIOLATION OF LAW.
VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

More new features than ever.? Check out the new AOL Mail ! -
http://webmail.aol.com

POST is Copyrighted 2007.? All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author? AND
of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> ALL PERSONS
ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY
MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL

> For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
www.showgsd.org

269.17.1/1182 - Release Date: 12/12/2007 11:29 AM

http://webmail.aol.com