[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AIHA...help

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Dir@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 21:36:36 EST

Sandi, I am certainly not a vet, but decided shortly after one of my
especial litters that I was never going to breed from that litter.

Auto-immune encompasses so much...Juvenile mange?   Pano? reaction to normal
immunizations?   Breaking out in horrible hives after being roughly handled
for OFA x-rays? ?stress?.   Ear infections with no reason?. Skin diseases?
All
of these are indicative of a compromised immune system.   Low birth rate?
sterility?   who knows?

And those are only the more mild results of an immune compromised system.
The problem is how does one isolate and work with the symptoms to breed it out
of the next generations?

Stormy
In a message dated 12/9/07 6:24:08 PM, Dir@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Could a small animal veterinarian on this LIST please tell us about
> symptoms
> of auto immune diease and if suspected where to go from there.  Thanks.
> Sandi

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest