[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AIHA...help

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:07:40 EST

I sent Ed privately a website to read, which had a more favorable outcome.
I know NOTHING about this disease, but since I have been reading these
http://www.cloudnet.com/~jdickson/

I also found this website:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1614&articleid=399

which was more impersonal.

Stormy

In a message dated 12/9/07 4:46:57 PM, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Oak Smith wrote:
> >Ed, we are very sorry to hear this. There is no known cause, just many
> >speculations. Sometimes a reaction to vaccinations. Usually shows up about
> >90 days after the last given vaccine. Can be hereditary, as it is an
> >autoimmune condition. Usually takes steroids to get the body to stop
> >attacking itself. Trouble is the steroids destroy the body's ability to
> >fight off any disease and other trouble crops up. The prognosis is not
> good.
> >We lost a very promising 1 1/2 year old to it. I would not want to go
> >through it again. :{(
> >I really hope your outcome is better than ours. Find the best vet you can
> >who has any kind of experience with this. It is nasty. Our thoughts are
> with
> >your girl and you.
> >Oak & Carrie      *Oak and Carrie,  Back around 1970 I had a bitch with
> this.  At that time, nobody knew much about it, and they had to send blood
> samples to the Vet college in Ames, Iowa to be analysed. The awful part about
> it
> to me was the way the bitch aged. Overnight she went from a young, vibrant
> bitch to a very old one. There was no treatment, and by the time we got
> results
> back from Iowa, she was dead. Doris E*

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest