[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AGAIN--SLAUGHTER OF DOGS IN INDIA

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:51:01 -0500

What would the costs be to drop the innoculation pellets in the same way
that we do up here for wolves, coyotes, raccoons.  I think they also use
this method in Texas.  It's bait that has the rabies serum in it.
Wouldn't that be as cost effective as using poison.  My problem with the
poison is that it doesn't stop with the dogs - whatever feeds on the
carcasses will also ingest the poison and they may throw a whole ecosystem
out of balance in the same way that we did years ago with the DDT.  At the
same time that you load the bait with the rabies serum also load it with
birth control 'stuff' (it is available for dogs, isn't it?)