[ SHOWGSD-L ] ADMIN ... for everyone

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:00:53 EST

Had I not been at work all day I could have headed this off earlier.
When Margy wrote and sent the Admin post about promotion, the one about Yasko
had not even been sent to the list yet, and none of us could have even known
it was coming. (At least none of the admins had seen it.)  Those of you who
think the admin post was in response to that email are completely off the mark.

Also ... Contrary to some of what I've read tonight... List rules have not
changed.  If anything, we are more relaxed about their enforcement now than we
have ever been.  Perhaps that has been a mistake?

The bottom line is simple.  Everyone on the list agreed to abide by list
rules when they signed up.  Most listers do not have a problem with that, and
in
fact understand the need.  None of the admins enjoy having to take action
against any lister, but we understand and carry out the occasional need for
that,
as that is part of our job.  Every subscribed lister has the right to disagree
with the rules, but understand that those rules are in place because
Administrators past and present found a need for each of them.  In fact, our
list rules
are very similar to virtually every email list's set of rules.  Other lists
have been formed, usually by people who think they can do better, and I wish
them the best of luck.  The Showgsd-l is still "Da List," and I have to believe
that its structure is a primary part of that.  We have never intended to
"police" this list, and that is why each of you agreed to the rules before
joining.
 We do expect people to do their best to adhere to list rules, and I do not
understand how anyone could think that is unreasonable.

We also provide an email address on every post for any of you to send your
complaints or suggestions to.  I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that
complaints about the list should be sent to that address.  We don't normally
give our
individual thoughts on administrative matters because we do act as a group,
but I will say that when "I" see complaints about how the list is run, posted
the list, without ever seeing them sent privately to the admin address, it is
not much of a stretch to assume that the purpose of those posts is intended
to be malicious toward the list and its administration.  If you think I'm
wrong, feel free to email me privately, because I would rather understand your
reasoning than think that any of you mean to harm this forum.

Tom Langlitz
Showgsd-l Administrator