[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ADMIN - This is gonna get me in Trouble

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PARAVELLI@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:08:09 -0500

Sheri, the Administration is sensitive to your concerns, and to the fact
that Showgsd-l exists specifically to support=20
breeders, exhibitors and judges of American-Canadian lines in
AKC/GSDCA/CKC/GSDCC venues.  In recent years there has been a great deal =
of
outcrossing done with import lines within our group, the GSDCA-WDA has
evolved, and therefore the lines are not quite as bright as they used to =
be.
However, you are right that what this List is about is the
AKC/GSDCA/CKC/GSDCC style of showing, and the AKC/GSDCA/CKC/GSDCC style =
of
dog.  That has not changed, nor will it ever change.  We too remember =
how
and why this List came into existence, and we continually work to =
maintain
it in that exact spirit.

I posted Christi's application to see if anyone on the List knows her, =
act as her sponsors and to vouch for the fact that she is in fact =
interested
in learning about American and Canadian dogs and shows, and if so, she =
too
would need to understand that that is the express purpose of Showgsd-l.  =
If
there is not a fit, either with this lady or other applicants, their
applications are not accepted since, as you quite rightly observed, =
there
are lists which exist specifically for the purpose of supporting German =
and
Import lines.

Never fear - promoting personal preferences for imported lines or
non-AKC/GSDCA/CKC/GSDCC competition is not, nor will it become, =
acceptable
on Showgsd-l.

Margery Golant
Showgsd=3Dl Administrator