[ SHOWGSD-L ] ADMIN - THE ELECTION AND THE CANDIDATES

  • From: Showgsd-l Administration <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:11:57 -0400

Listers, as you know, the List has a tradition of assisting in the GSDCA
election decision-making process by means of a Candidates' "Interview", and
we have also done similar projects for AKC-approved judges of the German
Shepherd Dog.
Given the issues this year, which seem especially compelling to many, there
is clearly a need for information by the members, so they can decide which
candidates they want to support, and given the fact that free-form
discussionof these issues has already become problematic, the Showgsd
Administration has agreed to do another "Candidates' Interview".

Here is how it will work:

  * for the next week, please submit to us (at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx) proposed
questions and proposed topics for which you wish responses by the candidates

    * we will then take those submissions and endeavor to pull them together
into a reasonably consise, non-duplicative series of topics and questions
forthe candidates' responses
    * prior to finalizing the interview material, we will distribute our
tentative material to all the candidates for their input, not on their
unreasonable, skewed, or in any way not impartial, and also on what they
feelis a reasonable time frame within which their responses can be provided.
We do reserve the right to make the final decision, but will do everything
inour power to do it fairly.
    * once the Interview is finalized, we will establish the cut-off date
when responses are due, and distribute the Interview to all candidates who
will be seeking GSDCA office in the 2005 election
    * once the responses are received, we will assemble them all in a grid
format (i.e. Excel), to make it easy for readers to see the positions of
eachcandidate pertaining to each response.  The grid will then be provided
tothe candidates' for their review - not to make any changes to their
they gave us
    * we will offer a copy of the grid to the GSDCA for inclusion on the
GSDCA website, in the secured area
    * we will also post a copy of the grid on the Showgsd web site, however
access will be limited to GSDCA members only

The purpose of this project is to further one of the goals of Showgsd-l - to
encourage communication within the fancy.  We will do everything in our
powerto perform this work in a fair and non-partisan manner, so that all
candidates can make their views and positions clear, and we welcome your
participation.

Please send your input regarding topics and questions to us at:
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx, beginning today.  The deadline for receipt of your input
is Sunday, June 12, 2005 at 11:59 PM.

The Showgsd-l Administration