[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ADMIN Re: DRUGGING DOG IN SHOW COMPETITION-Clarifying

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD-List List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 18:25:10 -0700

On May 2, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Stormy Hope wrote:

I think this should be the end of this thread.

Thank you

The Showgsd-l Administration
http://showgsd.org
Email Changes: http://showgsd.org/mail.html
Admin: admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
ANNOUNCE NEW LITTERS: http://showgsd.org/goodlitterbox.html
THE NATIONAL BLOG http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/
NOTO BENE: DOC ZOE is not a voting member of the Admin Panel

On May 2, 2011, at 6:13 PM, BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 5/2/11 7:10:07 PM, blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:
> I,
> Yes, I did I went back and reread it and then it made sense. At
> first I
> was like, WHOA WAIT A MIN, they are nailing this guy to the cross
> for giving
> stuff I regularly have to give to a stressed out dog when I travel??
> If
> that was the case, then Half of the handlers I know will be
> suspended!!! I
> guess the real question is why is this person allowed to have such
> close
> contact with somone else's animals. Usually, at dog shows, we all
> have an "eye"
> out for each others set ups and when one has to leave, usually, as a
> courtesy, we keep an eye out for the crates, and generally know the
> difference
> between an owner or helper bringing a dog back while you are still
> there.
> Heaven forbid if someone comes into my setup, LET ALONE try to give
> my dog
> something.. no maam, I would lose all AKC privileges for a "good
> while" if
> that happened. So, I guess the differentiation I was trying to
> explain (before
> it went off in a tanget like it usually does)...Giving a dog a
> mylanta or
> benadryll is one
>  thing (I dont consider that drugging) giving a dog a Sparine (I
> consider
> drugging), --anyone besides the owner/handler/assistant/ or
> helper--...
> Not on your best day.
> And thats my two cents on that.
>
> Mike Lynch

there is
not always a way to make sure your animal is 'covered' at a show.
Sometimes
one is alone and circumstances occur where perhaps one needs to relieve
themselves, etc. Secondly if someone with malevolent intentions to do
such a
thing would most likely be creative enough to get the job done?

In your post you said: “So, I guess the differentiation I was trying to
explain (before it went off in a tanget like it usually does)...Giving
a dog a
mylanta or benadryll is one thing (I dont consider that drugging)
giving a
dog a Sparine (I consider drugging).”

You sir, are the one who went off on a tangent by ridiculing my original
post because you sir, MISREAD it, while you were ROFLMAO… Before you
accuse
those who posted responses to this subject as 'going off in a tangent
like
usual', perhaps you might reconsider who it was that first went off on
that
tangent.
Regards,
Pat