[ SHOWGSD-L ] ADMIN - NOMINATING COMMITTEE Question

  • From: Showgsd-l Administration <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:11:25 -0400

This thread, and any and all relating to the upcoming GSDCA election, the
candidates for Board or officer positions or the electoral process are
prohibited.  As  was said in our earlier Admin. post, at 1:31 PM EDT,
"...there will be no exceptions.  Any and ALL posts which come through the
List on these topics after this Admin post will result in that poster being
restricted.  This is the one and only warning which will be given."  The
prohibition, of course, extends to efforts to argue about the admin. action,
which both violates the ban and violates the rule about griping on the List
about admin action.  We are available privately to discuss, at
admin@showgsd-org
Furthermore, posts with the Subject "Nominating Committee" have continued on
the List, although the subject matter has changed.  The thread is
prohibited,therefore if you post with that subject line, your post is also a
violation of the posting ban.  It is an easy matter to change the subject
line.  Please make sure you do so.

For those of you who are concerned about the apparent ongoing violations of
the ban, please be aware that ALL violators have been set to restricted
status, and that that process will continue.  Those who cannot be relied on
to follow the rules will no longer have the opportunity to post in violation
of them.

While we understand that there are some Listers who do not read their posts
from oldest to newest, or who respond to posts as they see them, without
looking to see if there has been any action by the Admins., frankly, it does
not matter.  The threads are closed.  Period.

List members have complained over time that the Admins. are too restrictive,
they have complained that we are not restrictive enough.  There is no way to
anticipate who will next take it in their heads to ignore the rules of
Showgsd-l, unless we convert the List to one that is moderated, so that all
of the improper posts that are sent will never get through the server.  We
did not want to do that, and have always relied on the good judgment and
goodmanners of members, and on the fact that you have all assured us that
youhave read the rules, understand them, and will abide by them.  Clearly
some of our Listers have forgotten some or all of these things.

If you read posts and respond to them without knowing whether the thread was
shut down, or whether your post is duplicative of another one by someone
else, your procedure is problematic, and destined eventually to be a
problem,and therefore this is not an appropriate way to handle your
forward, DO NOT RESPOND to posts until you have read through your inbox, and
do not see anything that would cause your post to break the rules.

This is your list, and it used to be that people conducted themselves with
courtesy.  Unfortunately, a few people are trashing it intentionally, others
pay no attention to the rules.  Either way, it is time to get a grip.

The Showgsd-l Administration