[ SHOWGSD-L ] ADD ON NAVIGATION UNITS

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:22:45 -0800

> Well I am happy to know yours is a female-just think if it were a
> male you would never get anywhere on time because it would not think
> of asking for directions

> sally

I like mine but I have no idea what brand it is!
I was servicing my car and walked over to JC Penney's Outlet store and
there was a pile of them - must have been over 100 of them. I asked
what brand and the clerk just shrugged, saying they were not selling
so they sent them to the outlet store. She was told they were from
China, made by the same manufacturer that made most all of them,
including Garmin - so I priced them: $89.00.

Sounded good but I asked if she had anything else. She said one of the
China made GPS's was returned by an employee. He bought it at a
discount, took it home but his girlfriend made him take it back. It
did not have the box or the book but it worked. We started it up and
it did in fact work. Price.... $29.00

I will learn to like it if it stops arguing with me. I know where to
go - stop telling me to make a "U" turn.... Oh, yes.. Support web site
on the back - Garmin.com
Dave