[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ABOUT TITLES

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

I 100% agree and great job in your presentation of what is really important
in GSD ownership.

Since GSD pet owners do make up the majority of who own the dogs,
breeders should take note of what you stated.  The breeders that
believe if the dog isn't good enough, just sell it to a pet home
are not what I look for in a breeder.  I want my GSD's pedigree
to show parentage that was tested for any health issue available
for testing. I also want a GSD to come from bloodlines with correct
conformation,
of the dogs years ago I saw and still do occasional.  Problem today is
there are judges out there that place dogs that should not be placed. If they
get use to looking at the conformation faults and that is all they see in the
ring how
else do they place them?

You have done a wonderful job showing owners, breeders and spectators
what owning a GSD is all about.

Theresa

Date: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:42 PM

How funny!  Not ONE of those 5 are important to me.  I am a 36 year member of
the GSDCA.  I love dogs, especially GSD's, and I am very competitive, but, this
list of 5 has nothing to do with that.  It is only for breeder exhibitors.

I am not a breeder, so, ROM & #1 Stud Dog mean zip to me.  YUK!   :-)

I feel the same about the GSDCA's AOE, only due to the fact that only one
Select title must be awarded by only one judge. (Reeks of the SV, don't you
think?)  I think the AOE should actually require more than what it does
require, maybe 2 or more Select awards, the TC, and more health clearances. It
is wonderful for breeders, but, of little import to non-breeders.   JMHO.

BIS and GV I believe to be equally influenced by much more than just the
quality of the dog, to put it politely.  So, they are what they are, awards won
one day, under from one to three judges.  Sometimes just one REALLY lucky day!
  :-)    Rarely, if ever, do judges put up strangers dogs at those levels.

IMHO, the BIS and GV to be proud of are the ones that repeat these wins a few
times.  If I had my way, I would like a refund on Harley's (very expensive)
BIS, now that I know the truth about it!  :-)

From my viewpoint, as a pet owner who likes to compete at dog shows, the old
CHIC is what I consider to be very important, not only should it be so from a
breeders standpoint, but for the confidence and security it gives the pet's
owner who is hoping to have a pet with healthy longevity.

As a show dog owner, Harley's Silver Grand Championship and his invitations to
Westminster, Eukanuba, and Cruft's are my favorites.  His Canadian Championship
is also something I am very proud of.  His rankings are history, and, I believe
them to be well deserved.  He earned them with many different handlers under
many so-called specialty judges and many so-called all-breed judges.  I only
know of one of his handlers who may have "fixed" a few of his wins, and, when I
understood what was going on, I fired him.

As a pet dog owner, Harley's OFA CHIC, which includes his TC, is most important
to me.  The aforementioned "fired" handler has spread rumors, and had some of
his friends spread rumors, that Harley's OFA certs are falsified, but, that is
simply not true.  Harley had PI verified by every vet and/or tech who performed
tests.  I have no one to cheat but myself, and I just plain wouldn't do that!

I am most proud of his excellent character, temperament, and beautiful breed
type.  His health has been the best of any GSD I have ever owned.  He was
recently x-rayed due to a possible injury, and, at 7.5 years of age, there is
absolutely NO sign of arthritis!  My heart plans on having him with me for
quite some time yet.  As one of his favorite handlers, Stephen Cabral, said,
"Paula, you will NEVER have another dog like him; he IS a once-in-a-lifetime
dog!"  So true.

Paula, 57 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, 2 Time AKC JAM/AOE, International
Champion, Canadian Champion, & American Silver Grand Champion, Asgard Harley
Davidson, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047 (Original Version), 1st male
GSD Grand Champion. 2010 #1 GSD in California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan,
2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC GCH Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
Invitee, Lifetime AKC Eukanuba Invitee. 2 Time Cruft's Invitee.