[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AB1634 BILL EXPECTED TO BE KILLED IN SENATE

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

>     Someone in California just sent a post to the Cavalier list...said
> she was watching local  NBC news on TV and Levine was on, saying he was
> pulling the bill for this year.  That's too bad, if it's
> true.........better it go ahead and be defeated.  If he pulls it, we
> have to go thru all this again next year!!!
> Peggy

Possibly it would be good for us to use this same level of energy and
propose legislation of our own. I know I have several friends in our
Nevada Legislature who are copnservative enough and radical enough....

I think I'll propose that we do what Ark. was going to do (or did they?).

"No political jurisdicition in this state shall make any law regulating
the breeding of animals used in agricultural enterprise, in the pursuit of
sport or recreation or regulate the number thereof."

"Political subdivisions within this state may regulate the level of care
animals are to receive, tend to the matters of animal abuse, neglect and
supervision, but shall not regulate the private property rights of animal
ownership, or any legitimate or historic role of animals in relationship
to that ownership."

Or something like that!
A good healthy backlash is in order.
Dave