[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AB1634

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ngxotic@xxxxxxx>, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:57:33 -0600

I'm about as liberal as they come <G>, and I'm vehemently opposed to this
legislation. I think the fact that Democrats seem to be in favor of this
bill is more a failure of our educational efforts than it is a matter of
"liberal" philosophy. In general, "liberals" are in favor of a
"live-and-let-live" approach.

I don't want to start a war, and I don't want to argue liberal vs.
conservative politics, but I think we make a mistake if we just write off
the "liberals" as being immune to dialogue.

Fran Henry