[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AB1634

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:03:56 -0400

See my response to Viv's post!  There is something on Infodog, too...I
still think some kind of flyer could be inserted into premium lists, but
I see from Marion's post that the premiums are the property of the
clubs...therefore it would be up to the club.  I seem to recall my old
club being asked if it was OK for MBF to insert a flyer about something
many years ago...maybe things have changed in that regard.
    So...I assume Marion is correct...in which case, the clubs should be
taking care of that.
   I'm on a few other lists...and even after all the posts people have
sent (not just me), there are people who are completely unaware that
California is having this fight.  I wore an anti-1634 T shirt to a
meeting the other nite, and there was only one person in the room who
knew what my shirt was about!  Most of the people there are breeders who
still show dogs...and some travel to the California shows several times
a year.......but they have paid no attention to any legislative posts.
  Probably, come to think of it, they would throw away an insert, too,
even if it came with their premium lists!

       Peggy