[ SHOWGSD-L ] AB1634

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:34:22 -0400

Ok, I decided to follow up on the post Peggy sent regarding a Federal Bill that
wants to procure working dogs from domestic suppliers.  I went to the Author's
page only to find out that he would only answer emails from constituents.  So,
I called his office in D.C.  I actually got to speak with a human and she said
she would relay my issues to Senator Rogers and then refer me to Homeland
Security.  So, now I am to speak with someone from Homeland Security on
Tues.  Yikes!!!  I was so trying to fly under the radar.  At least I am not
a terrorist and my law enforcement background gave me some credibility.  The
upside was this.  The gal was totally aware of AB1634 and they do know it is
in total opposition to what the Feds are trying to do.  This gal said that
many of the dogs used for detection are from CA breeders.  So, where are they
to fight this thing?

Anyway, I will keep you all posted.  This could be a really good reason why
AB1634 will never get through the Senate.  We need to look at more than just
the Assembly.  If you haven't written your Reps yet, you need to do so NOW!

And, one more note.  Senator Padilla, who has supported AB1634, has also
intoduced a bill to assist in training Arson Dogs and is supporting the Federal
Bill.  I think he can be convinced to change his mind on AB1634.  I will be
visiting his office on Tues as well.

Laura Thomas
AOL at AOL.com.