[ SHOWGSD-L ] AB vs. Spec.

  • From: "Connie Haley" <chaley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:32:05 -0600

I usually lurk on this list, as I usually get jumped on every time I open my
big mouth, but I wanted it to be known that the so called mediocre AB shows are
not always completey our blame.  As the cost of showing our GSD's escalates we
all need to help each other.  As a Show Chairman for a AB show for quite a few
years, I have approached the two Spec. clubs to come and join us with now
success.  I offered a free show site for back to back evening shows,  to choose
a  judge from a list provided by them for our back to back AB shows.  The only
thing they had to supply was the judges for their own shows and their ring
stewards.  It would have given us a supported entry for our shows and given
everyone four chances to put points on their dogs.  I was refused.  I was dumb
and thought it was a good offer.  And no, I am not one of those AB people who
only show at AB shows, I also show at the Spec. shows that I can make it to and
seem to be doing fairly well out of Bred-By Class.  Okay everyone, jump on.