[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AB 1634 PASSED/ Time to ACT...everyone !!!

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:09:34 -0700

Exactly. I just returned home from the hearing at the Capitol in Sacramento.
I am disappointed in more ways that one, to say the least.
While I realize that with the number of people who were there, it was
difficult if not next to impossible to see a familiar face from our breed.
But I did not see ONE. I saw and recognized Doberman people handlers of
various breeds.
Where were the GSD people. Are we a group that thinks  that someone else
will do it?
Come on people stand up and be counted.
I brought home about 25 envelopes that I will give to members of the two
regional clubs that I belong to. These are in opposition to the "Pet
Extinson Act", that is so apply put on the envelopes. I am going to see that
every member in the two regional clubs gets one and hopeful will put their
money where their mouth is.
I didn't stay for the Rally, because it would have meant waiting outside in
the afternoon sun for another hour.
I wish I could give you more details, but hearing was difficult,
particularly when the speaker was drowned out by applause etc.
My final word is that every one of you in every state better WAKE UP AND
SMELL THE COFFEE, as Ann Landers often says. If you don't you will rue the
day that legislation such as this come to your state, your city etc.
For once at this time in my life I am glad that I am growing older, If it
should happen that I cannot spend the rest of my life with a dog, at least I
know that would not be the next 30-40-or 50 years.

Beryl Eshom.....a dog fancier as a toddler, and will be all of my life.