[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AB 1634 Bi Partisan voting

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, njferris@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:28:25 EDT

I will copy part of what I emailed Kathy privately (just because I didn't
want to get into a partisan debate LOLOL)...oh, to heck with it...Here it is in
all it's glory.   Stormy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The REALLY sad part of this, Kathy, is if it was authored by a republican
(and there was a majority in the state gov't.), it would be all Republicans
voting yes.  They are not voting by conscience much anymore.  Listening to them
for
the past week, checking out some of the bills that were presented, I don't
have much faith in either party.

This year, the Republicans were "allowed" to present non-controversial bills,
sunseting bills and that's about it.  They didn't bother trying to bring up
more.  My son tells me that one of the controversial bills (the "right to die"
bill) was dropped only because enough Democrats were going to oppose it.  (His
clients (persons with disabilities) oppose it because of the concern that
Health Insurance Officials, HBO's would as soon give the needle than spend the
money on a dying person.) This was one of Levine's bills (kill the old people,
cut the gonads off of the animals), but it was a trade of votes deal, too.

Stormy,
Learning way too much about this crap...pretty soon I won't be called a
PollyAnna anymore :-)

In a message dated 6/7/07 5:24:03 PM, fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> There's a disconnect here, and I can only think it comes from a failure to
> educate.
>
> I'm a passionate Democrat -- and I can't fathom why California Democrats are
> voting for this bill. My tentative conclusion is that somehow, the AR folks
> have misrepresented the argument.
>
> Yes, I am a "bleeding heart liberal," but my heart doesn't bleed for the AR
> agenda because I know the truth. I think we need to do more education, and
> we need to spell out the truth about the issues.
>
> I do NOT want to get into a partisan debate here -- but as a passionate
> Democrat, I'm really puzzled, and I think it would be in our interest to
> figure this out.
>
> Fran Henry

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope