[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A very similar solution

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:32:40 EDT

That's exactly what a couple of my JRT owner friends told me.   Plus that
they continued to work their deaf JRT in their club (not breeding it, of
course)
and that wouldn't be allowed in AKC, etc., etc.   They were afraid that the
JRT as a breed would be changed to SHOW JRT's instead of working ones.   Same
with Border Collies.   If you see what's winning in the show rings, then go see
what's in obedience, herding and agility (with exceptions), there is a world
of difference.   I don't see that much divergence in the GSD, by the way.
Yes, some, but not as much as some other breeds.   The hunting field Cocker
Spaniel vs the Show?   Etc., etc.
Stormy

In a message dated 7/9/05 11:42:49 AM, Gsdman2@xxxxxxx writes:

> In a message dated 7/9/2005 8:42:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
> ELG440@xxxxxxx
> writes:
> It had nothing to do with working vs. conformation.
> If you go even deeper, you will find the fears that caused so many to
> denounce the AKC.  They were afraid that the breed would be damaged as folks
> might
> breed for show dogs instead of intelligence.
> Tom Langlitz

www.FairhopeGSD.com