[ SHOWGSD-L ] A teensy little brag, of sorts Nitro's boy RWD

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ken Tank" <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 11:53:41 -0700

Hi Guys,
Sometimes you need to go to a show and remember what it was like to have
real excitement over a show
where you had great fun, just watching a "kid" (dog) of yours perform.
We are always so intense and so focused on showing , with so many dogs, that
today it was really nice to
take a brand new guy out, first time EVER in the ring, untrained, lol and
watch him (from a hiding spot 50 feet
away, lol) just have a great time. With no pressure, no expectations...
 Today that simple pleasure belonged to me, watching our 1/2 German, Nitro
son, "Hef" (Victory's Scotch on My Zipper)
go around his very first time.   Like father like son, Hef also proceeded to
try to tear the ring fencing down (OOPS
what do mean "Turn?" LOL)   He had no clue what the procedure was, and tried
to stack a couple of different ways
and alternately gaited and zoomed with  Ken around the ring, lol.
He went from Personal Protection Dog  and Hunter's Buddy to show dog....for
one little shining moment, as a very proud Mom watched
from outside, with little Hunter grinning and goofy Hef, having a ball,
lol.
Reserve Winners Dog.....GOOD BOY HEF!  Now let's talk about the meaning of
 slow and turning, lol.-
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Ch. Elvaston's Nations Cup, TC, OFA