[ SHOWGSD-L ] A tale of woe and triumph!

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 15:56:40 EST

I went out last week to get some pictures of my 4 month old puppies. I  could
not find the battery! I always take it out of the very expensive digital
camera to extend its life). I went to the camera store to buy another one.
Easy.
I only had to come up with $69.99. I walked out of there in a state of
sticker  shock.
I decided to take a look at eBay. Found an equivalent battery for 99 cents!
Shipping was $5.99. What did I have to lose? Got the battery in three days,
got  my camera out again, and found the lens jammed into the zoom thingy. Could
not  focus, could not take a picture, but the battery seemed to work, as the
camera  lit up, everything else worked, just could not take pictures. Went back
to  camera store, asked about repair or new lens. Was told either would be
approx  $500.00. I got very depressed, and went back to Ebay, where I found and
bought a  2 lens package, Tamron lenses that were made for Canon, one like my
broken one,  and one big zoom, which together were $144.00. Went out to the
car where I had  left the camera, and decided (what the heck), I would play
around with  the jammed lens. I got a pliers, pulled on the lens rim, and it
popped out!  took over 80 pictures with my $0.99 battery, my cheaply repaired
lens,
and  the camera behaved like new, and I found my lost battery to boot! Now I
am  going to own two more lenses, which I do not need, (but the big zoom might
be  fun). Lesson learned...do not believe camera store guys! LOL, Syd
(These are pictures of my Larus V Batu/ Dallas grandkids). If you would  like
to see them, drop me a line, and I will mail you pics, I need to try to
remember how to work my website!

products.