[ SHOWGSD-L ] A special tribute (OT) but thoughtful

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 07:51:54 -0500

As you know, I live in Baton Rouge, La.  Something is planned for
this evening that has touched my heart.  The LSU football team is
playing the Va.Tech. team here.
A beautiful handmade quilt will be given to the school as a
memorial to those who died in that shooting on campus.
However, I've been told that a special tribute will be done
in honor of those no longer with VaTech due to that tragedy.

Three skydivers will parachute inot Tiger Stadium before the
game starts. One will have a VaTech flag, the middle one will
have an American flag and the other an LSU flag.

Something comes next that I understand is the first time ANY
SCHOOL HAS ALLOWED -- VaTech band will play their
AlmaMatre song.  Then, the LSU one and, finally, The Star
Spangled Banner to start the game plus a time of silence
as well.  This is very touching and, as I said in my subject
"thoughtful"!    Sorry, it's off topic, but to make it dog related,
my dog will be with me as i watch this on TV. TNX for listening.
Norma no L   (choking up, as usual)