[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A sign of the times

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 22:01:54 -0500

I would worry about you getting enough people brave enough to serve!!! :)

Really though, the club must run like a business. We handle way too much
money to not be as strict with ourselves as a business must be. In fact, as
a non-profit, we should be even stricter minding our p's and q's -
financially and otherwise.

That said, it helps if the board members have business experience, and the
leadership has experience running a successful business.

And, in some situations, such as the treasurer, that must be a CPA. That's a
tough one - how many CPA German Shepherd Club members do you know?

We are fortunate to have many dedicated board members, and I'm hoping there
will be more dedicated people willing to serve this next year. The deadline
is coming up - get your petitions in to Sharon Allbright!

Cyndy