[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A serious question

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'angela scott'" <adonispersian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 15:44:23 -0800

Same here......except we do the Max 5 vaccine by Ft. Dodge at 7 - 8 weeks.
Second one 11 weeks before they go into their new homes. IF we keep any pups
they don't get another one until 16 weeks...or even up to 22 weeks. Generally
the
one at 22 weeks is the last. We've had a couple of Vets advise us to not
skip the one
past 21 weeks. We follow up with one Booster a year later and are done.
All puppy buyers are advised the same. We advise no more boosters past 3 yrs.
Rabies we put off as long as legally possible in California...which is 6
months.
Our Vet advised us of this years ago. In Calif. pets have to have rabies
every 3 yrs.

We also personally do not get a flu nor pneumonia vaccine ourselves either.
Did twice.... and both got sicker than we've ever been. Now we don't...and now
everyone around us gets the flu....and we have not. ( and we're old! ) <G>

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Candy ZumwaltSent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:12 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A serious question asked here

I pretty much follow Dr. Dodds protocol. First vacc. for Parvo & Distemper
ONLY at 9 -10 weeks, then 12-13 weeks and finally 15-16 weeks. I do Rabies as
close to a year of age as possible.

CandyZ

_____