[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A secret know to 19, not much of a secret

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:36:25 GMT

Lee,
I'm confused.  Why doesn't a secret ballot violate Article III, Section 9 of
the by-laws that Dick W. posted last night?  If all votes have to be published
in the Review, then how can they legally have a secret ballot?  I've copied his
post below so you don't have to go thru old posts to read it.

"Don't ask, just tell.

The Bylaws of the GSDCA aptly cover this situation.

See Article III, Section 9.
"Minutes of the Meetings.  The proceedings of these meetings (annual,
special, regular) shall be recorded, and the Minutes Published in the GSDCA
Review.
Such minutes shall include the yeas and nays of all votes"

This means that the names of all board members and their vote (yea or nay)
is to be recorded FOR ALL VOTES, and published in the Review.

As the author of this bylaw change, I can tell you that the purpose was to
prevent the situation where board members could hide behind the anonymity of
Secret Ballots.   "

Thanks!!!

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 1/28/2007 11:43:39 P.M. Central Standard Time,
arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
And who  knows, maybe the BOD will be brave enough to publish the voting
results for  all to see - I sure hope so

*****

It was a secret ballot not a show of hands so it will not be in the BOD or
the minutes as to who voted for or against. Your only way to find out is to
poll  each board member and hope they will tell you. If they refuse then you
will
 never know.

Lee Brown