[ SHOWGSD-L ] A roundabout way to get there

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

I am sorry I did not sign this. So, let me be clear.

"My name is Evan Ginsburg, and I support this message".

Maybe I am watching too much television and ads for the campaign.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together

In a message dated 7/29/12 8:41:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a message dated 7/29/12 8:00:19 A.M. Pacific Daylight  Time,
walflwr2@xxxxxxx writes:

The  Board works very  hard to do the right thing.  They try to listen to
all  members,  but it is impossible to make everyone happy with some of the

decisions, especially in these tough times.  These are tough   decisions.
Some
of them we don't like any better than do you, but  are  necessary to try to
restore the GSDCA to financial   health.

It is no secret that I am a big fan of our board, and Lana  Lee in
particular.

I know, as she says,  it is a  hard time financially for this club, but  no
harder than it is for  the members.  I also do not care if  the
determination
by the  membership was a survey, a vote or an  informal discussion. It was
put to the membership twice. The first time the  response was to  continue
rotate the National, so it was reviewed again for  the  members to respond
and the response/vote was to rotate the national.  The  reason I called it
vote was it was tabulated as to what  percentage did what.  To me, that is
vote.

Now, with that  being said, I know our club is in financial trouble. I
don't
need to go in  to the problems in the past that have caused this, nor will
I  place  blame on those who were in charge when we lost so much money. It
is
a  fact.

I believe we took on a burden for 2013 that we were  ill advised to  take
on at this time, but on the other hand, it is a  great opportunity for the
club.  I still don't know how many  sponsors we have, or what the financial

projection are now.   With the economy and the state of the GSDCA this
could
be a  watershed for our club.  We could come out of 2013 stronger with a
substantial treasury.  Or, it could destroy the club.

What  will continue, is our breed, and the club members.  The GSDCA is  a
corporation, and if it fails financially then we have a new problem to
deal
with. But, pending that we do need to have faith in those we  elected. We
have
an  opportunity now to elect some board members  again, or to send some new

people into this mess. If things can be  turned around is something I do
not
know.

What I do know is we have  good people trying to do the best they can. Do I

agree with them  all, no I don't.  Do I think the membership is properly
served  by going to Purina Farms for three years, no I don't. Do I think
that
requiring club members from both coasts to travel this way every year,
rather  than every third year, no I don't. Do I think ignoring the  West
Coast
exhibitors  who support our club every year with the  extended travel, no I
don't.   But, I am not on the board, and  not making decision to protect
our
breed.  I am just one of the  little people trying to show a dog or  two.

What I do support is  our board. I support that they are doing the best
they
can to save our  club, for us. They are making an unpopular decision
because they   believe it is in the best interest of the breed, the club
and the
members.

If you don't agree, then continue to let it be known. If  you want to
change
things run for the board. And, in the end, remember,  without our finances
getting in order, without remembering why we  are in this financial
condition,  without remembering who got us  here, and without considering
what we
must do  now, there will be no  GSDCA. We should consider this when we vote
for
our new  board  members.

Let's get behind these decisions. Let's let the board know we  understand
the problems the past officers and board gave them. And,  let's find a way
help solve it.

Not that there is anything  wrong with  that.

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.