[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A real "Hero"

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:21:57 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/2007 12:41:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi  Guys
I was most pleased and honored to meet the Hero Dog  Recipient.....named
"Hero" .  This is the dog that
pulled the  complete stranger from the car, as you recall.   He and  his
handler are MARVELOUS, and
I just had to get a picture with this  celebrity.  He is a large darkish dog,
and red, with what looks  like
some German lineage.   Very observant of all things around  him, and very
quick to give a smooch.
I came away with tears in my  eyes......Bravo to HERO....what a marvelous
representative of our  breed!!!
It was a humbling experience to meet him, I have to tell you.
I  hope to have his photos and others of the Nationals up on our site in  days
to come.  I will let you know when they
are  up.

If you are referring to the PET HERO that was awarded this year,His  story
plus the SERVICE and GOOD WILL AMBASSADOR HEROS will be in the REVIEW,,as
always, along with their pictures. Their stories were also printed in the
National
Catalogs. They had their plaques sent to them a week after the July  Board
meeting. I'm sure if Blanche Beisswenger would be especially pleased with  this
PET HERO named Hero  Helen Miller Fisher