[ SHOWGSD-L ] A picture is worth a thousand words

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:40:15 EST

In a message dated 12/26/2004 3:36:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx writes:
Attempting to disect a stacked photo of any dog (German or
Canadian/American/Mexican/Italian etc   :-))  is futile though  right? Very few
attributes can
be seen.

Colleen  Donnelly

Or so the saying goes...  I hear people all the time say "well you  can't
tell a lot from a picture".  Why on earth not?  I can see  shoulder placement,
length of upper arm, length and curve of stifle, angle of  pasterns, angle of
croup, etc.

Most of the time I can even see an east/west front. I can see length  and
placement of neck, etc, etc.

Now, being able to see all that - and knowing how those things effect  the
FUNCTION of the dog - I can tell a LOT from a picture.

Ginger  Cleary, Dallas, GA_ http://www.rihadin.com _
interest in politics doesn't mean
politics won't  take an interest in you. -Pericles (430 B.C.)