[ SHOWGSD-L ] A new, light-hearted question

  • From: SHOGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:52:49 EDT

For years, I had five dogs loose in the house.  They all slept in  my bedroom
and all went outside together in a fenced potty area.  I had a  couple of
intact girls and one intact male, a neutered male and a spayed bitch,  and
occasionally I heard a little grumbling, but I never even considered that  they
might actually fight.  After all, I'd had dogs living like this  for over 15
years.....they had their pecking order, and my old bitch  ruled them all.  All
she
had to do was make eye contact, and she kept  everything under control.
Unfortunately, I lost her to lymphoma, and all  h#ll broke loose a couple of
years
later.  One day, I had my  then 5 dogs out loose in the potty yard when the 3
yr. old spayed  bitch decided that the 2 year old intact bitch should die,
and she did  her best trying.  It seemed like the fight went on forever, and
the
older  bitch kept her mouth clamped on the other's head for the majority of
the time.  The other 3 dogs wanted no part of it!  I tried  unsuccessfully to
get them apart, and finally went in the  house, woke up my son, and when he
went outside, just his voice made  them break apart long enough for him to grab
one and throw her in a  kennel. The bitches made out better than I
did....there were drips of  blood from one end of my house to the other, and I
ended up
spending a few hours  in the ER!  Anyway, since that day, those two girls
detest each other, so  now I have to play musical dogs, and I hate it.
Wendy
Mt. Vernon, NH