[ SHOWGSD-L ] A long time regret

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:09:36 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/2006 5:21:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Changing  it after the fact doesn't =
feel fair or right to  me.

I still regret one vote I made while on the board, and never did state  it.

We voted to increase the per diem for board members. About a month after I
voted it, I realized I should have suggested it was only for those who came on
the board, not those who voted for it.  I never thought of it at the  time.

This is the way changes should be made, for the future, not for those who
benefit from the change.  It is a more fair way to handle the  situation.  I
understand when the board changed the number of years someone  could be on the
board, it did not affect those on the board at the time, (I was  told
exceptions
were made to made sure no problems came up).

I do remember when we changed the restrictions to make the treasurer have
some professional experience, it was for the newly elected treasurers.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together