[ SHOWGSD-L ] A good idea?

  • From: Pammy <gsdlover729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chgermanshepherdshowdogslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, show list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:14:33 -0800 (PST)

I am looking for thoughts/opinions on an idea I came up with. I am getting
ready to have my first litter of pups. I have waited a lifetime to do this the
right way, and feel as though I am ready. I have put extensive pup packets
together, including photos, training articles, feeding/nutrition articles,
socialization, imprinting stages, helpful books and websites, training
facilities I recommend, crate training, house breaking, applications for
memberships, a leash and collar, pedigree, microchip w paid registration,
grooming instructions, and a toy from the litter box. I am also including a
health certificate, pups vacs schedule, and specific instructions on feeding/
care of pup and I am offering money back for AKC and Sch titles.
  So I had this brainstorm of how I can keep pup buyers in contact with me, as
I want to follow the pups progress throughout their lives. So I came up with
the idea of starting a yahoo group, just for my pup buyers. There they can post
pics, brags, concerns and what not. Also being able to see other littermates. I
am offering lifetime support of anything I breed and thought this might be
another good way for me to keep in contact with everyone.
  Now within the group I can also post links and articles to help out my pup
buyers.Also being able to keep track of any litters I may produce. Only my pup
buyers will be able to access the group so it will be private. Of coarse it is
voluntary and is not required. But I really thought it would be a good idea.
  So what are everyone's thoughts on this and does anybody else do anything
like this? Have they had any success in keeping pup buyers in contact this way?
Or is the old telephone the best way?

  Health and happiness
  Pam and her pack

"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are
incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate." - -Sigmund Freud

Need Mail bonding?