[ SHOWGSD-L ] A fun read

  • From: "Oak&Carrie Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 13:47:09 -0600

From all appearances "Here to Stay" by Margot Early looks like a typical
Harlequin romance, but it's not....Her main female character shows and breeds
GSDs and the main male character works to uncover dog fighting and other
abusive situations. Margot is a friend of ours who has 2 GSDs that were born at
our house. She is a terrific trainer and a good storyteller. There are many
parallels to our dogs in the book such as the puppy who spills a bottle of
white shoe polish and then tracks it all over the carpet! I think she did a
great job of describing a whelping, especially considering she has never
whelped a litter. Anyway, I truly enjoyed reading it and wanted to pass on the
info to all of you. I wondered as I read it what someone would think who wasn't
a real dog person...(I know her editor gets exasperated with the prominence of
dogs in most of her recent books.). Let me know what you think if you read it.
Carrie
Carrie & Oak Smith
Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog