[ SHOWGSD-L ] A few things to think about ...

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowGSD-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 07:33:46 -0800

Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com

      I'm sure we have read these all before . but  it doesn't hurt to read
them again!

      After reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care
about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

      1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body.
If you are close enough to use it, do!

      2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for
your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from
you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than
you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

      3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail
lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver
won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

      4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating,
working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.
DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect
opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,
and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND
LEAVE.

      5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking
garage: A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger
side floor, and in the back seat. B.) If you are parked next to a big van,
enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their
victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get
into their cars. C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your
vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest
your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a
guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN
SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

      6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.
      (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot.
This is especially true at NIGHT!)

      7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS
RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even
then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig-zag
pattern!

      8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you
raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well
educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He
walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or
with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

      ************* Here it is *******
      9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a
crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police
because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever
you do, DO NOT open the door."

      The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a
window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT
open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry
recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone
dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several
calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when
they're home alone at night.

      Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby ----This
e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was
mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the
serial killer in Louisiana.

      I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a
life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was going to send
this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters,
daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.

      Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the
world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than
sorry. LRoy