[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A few questions for those looking for majors at all bre...

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:59:56 EDT

our northern CA shows, beginning in january, have been majors - most of
them 4 or 5 points.  the woofstock AB shows last month held majors.
sacramento/reno are alone in their area - there are 4 shows in 2 days -
sometimes
they hold majors, sometimes they don't.  much depends upon the  judges and
both the gsd fanciers of northern ca and the diablo valley clubs  always draw.
 the ABs are asking for specialty judges and i know for a fact  that the
woofstock shows have an excellent group of specialty judges lined up  through
2012.  it can be done - we ARE getting majors in almost all of our
specialties, lee.  please don't convolute the original issue.
diane
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 7/31/2010 3:54:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:

Really now that is a surprise I seem to remember the shows in Sacramento
last year only having a handful of dogs for a one point on each side.
What others specialties you have there that is getting such a good entry.
I think if you check results around the country Ca is no different than
other  places they are not getting majors in most cases. Most of those that are

getting majors have to build them up. People get tired of entering their
dogs  to help build majors. Most clubs I think will also not charge the entry
fee  for fillers so that sure does not help the club pay the bills.
I have been judging for 15 years, show chairman of specialty club for 25+
years, show chairman for AB club for 15+ years and I have never seen it this
 bad. Just like I have not seen our economy this bad and I have a head full
of  silver(not gray)<G> hair.
Lee Brown

In a message dated 7/31/2010 2:07:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:

why  would anyone want to "dumb down" the system?  dogs are still   getting
their majors, finishing their championships.  keep making  it easier  and
the
title becomes universally meaningless.   can't speak for anywhere  else,
but
the ABs in CA do draw majors,  as do our  specialties.
diane