[ SHOWGSD-L ] A day in my life.....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:36:08 -0700 (PDT)

After having survived yet another monumental house cleaning; filling in the
casket sized holes in the back yard made by errant dogs; "furminating" Kizzy
(got a whole 'nother dog off of her), I had five minutes to sit in front of the
computer and drop an idea on y'all.....SANCTUARY! Think about it...a SANCTUARY
for our beloved GSD's...the ones society has forgotten...the ones that are
surrendered at the "shelters"; quaking and scared and wondering why their
owners leave without them...the ones found wandering the streets, perhaps
preganant or maybe with newborn pups to feed (remember Kelsey and her 7
pups?)...the seniors who have given their owners the best years of their lives,
only to be deposited like so much trash because they have nothing left to
give...those tragic old souls who should be living out the rest of their lives
in front of a fire; not in a noisy shelter awaiting a horrendous fate.
If Leo Grillo can do it, why not us? Would it be a monumental effort??
Certainly!
Is it impossible? I prefer to say NOTHING is impossible if you want it bad
enough.
If you havent check out his website, please do so!
www.deltarescue.org...Prepare to be amazed!
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate