[ SHOWGSD-L ] A day gone to the dogs

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:18:30 EST

I am glad I went out today, tomorrow promises ice and snow.......now you  all
know THIS puertorican doesn't handle THAT kind of weather.

But today, today was fun.

I have a little project to keep me busy during my time waiting to sell the
house. A friend has trusted his puppy to me and I am babysitting.  His  name is
"T" and he is a GEM.

Today we had a little socialization.  I don't know what you think when  you
hear socialization, but to "T" it meant................Doggie Day  Care!

Yup, I took this GSD puppy to  Doggie Day Care.  He was the only  GSD there,
and they said he is welcome back anytime.

His first few minutes were like  "what the heck?", this little Golden
Retriever puppy girl was teasing him.  After a few minutes he got the hang  of
it,
and it was play time!

I was very proud of him, and so glad we have this facility to work with. I
have used this Day Care before with my poodle, and I really like the owners,
they are awesome dog people.  After today they are more willing to take on
GSDs.  I heard they had a bad experience
with our breed before.

We will probably do this once a week, the Big Dogs day, so T can play with
the Golden (her name is Lola, cute, eh?).

NOTE: selling a house during the holidays is not a good plan.

Ileana