[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A compromise

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <GrnRam415@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 17:13:58 -0400

At the end of the day of a show there are only a few people who will
actually think the judge was knowledgable and honest. The winners and maybe
a few spectators that agreed.
I am guilty myself of thinking a judge that put my dog up was right on top
of the game.....

As a Provisional judge i have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that i
know i am knowledgable and honest and many others are going to have a
difference of opinion with me and thats completely ok............

As an exhibitor i have come to the realization that not all judges that dump
my dogs are crooked or stupid.............i may actually just not have the
best representation of  our breed that day in the judges eyes. Though it is
truly hard to be subjective about our own little super stars................

There are alot of lessons learned along the way, but the biggest lesson for
me is that you can lose more than you win and as long as you made your
weekend hobby a fun time and enjoyed the company of your dogs and friends
and going out to dinner or going to karaoke or seeing some new sights along
the way then your trip home is an easier one knowing what an enjoyable
weekend you had, win, lose or draw........................if it isn't fun
and you are basing your fun solely on a win........then something is wrong
with the picture and then you'll know a change needs to be made.
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com