[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A compromise

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GrnRam415@xxxxxxx" <GrnRam415@xxxxxxx>, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:59:11 -0500

Dear Laura..Keep this in mind..yesterday we had two dogs  that we bred that
were shown in the Maturity in CA both were OWNER HANDLED.The owner is not
well known in the "GSD world." The dog won his class and went on to go BOS
in mat...mind you the owner did pick up a handler ringside for the winners
class..but he still won his class owner handled. . The bitch was second in
her mat. class the class was competitive.BTW this bitch is finished and
many of the points, including a major were put on the bitch OWNER HANDLED.
Good dogs win..good judges find good dogs no matter who handles.Judges
"point the finger" not handlers. The owner made a wise decision to get a
handler for winners. he recognized his dog might need a bit more animation
for the competitive winners class.He did what was best to enhance the dog
and let him be seen to his best advantage..it had nothing to do with
putting a "face" on the dog to win.If you are going to owner handle and go
against pros and experienced breeders..you don't show a pretty good dog..or
even a really good dog..you show a dog better than anyone else has!!!
Christine Grainger