[ SHOWGSD-L ] A comparison

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 18:00:43 -0500

I should shut up, but I am going to say what I have avoided saying.

I run a business. Besides running a business, (my law practice), I practice
law, represent clients, and appear in the courts.

My business is about the same size as the GSDCA in income and expenses.  I
don't turn anything over to a committee, I don't use an auditor except at the
end of the year, and I use Quick Books.

I was told we gave the treasurer $10,000 to learn Quick Books, and it was not
done. I only heard that from two board members, so I don't know if it is true
or not.

I can tell you on any day of any week, what I have spent, what I have brought
in, what the "pie chart" shows for costs and expenses, and where I am making
and where I am losing money. I can do it current for the previous day, and I
don't have to wait for any audit or anyone's opinion.  I just turn on my Quick
Books and ask for the current reports.

But, I am not on the board, I am not the president of the GSDCA.  I am not
responsible for the club's business. For that I am thankful each and every day.

Evan