[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A christmas story

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:05:06 -0700

Evan, Great Christmas or at any time story. It's wonderful in what you do. I
help every third Friday of the month feed the homeless that a couple of
churches get together in my town. And the other Friday's other churches
donate their time & food. We get together at a nice park in town where
there's picnic tables, etc. I know the town doesn't like when this is done.
They don't like to know there's SO many people in need which is sad. If they
close their eyes to the problem then it isn't there. It's amazing how many
people are in line for this food get together. Most people have little teeth
or none. Most of them thank us greatly as they come through the line. Some
don't want to make eye contact. The children make me really sad. Now we're
seeing some of these people with dogs. They hang on to them like it's the
most important thing in their life. I always ask if they have enough food
for their dog. We always seem to have enough food left over. So we put it in
bags so the people can take that with them for the next day. This coming
Fri., we will have donated blankets for those who need them. I thank God for
my food, my house, my friends/family & my dogs. Yes, it makes you feel good
to help. Kathy Sater-Partch "JoKay's"