[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A YES vote

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:13:35 -0800 (PST)

This is a great editorial on Hunte's "operation".  One thing I'd like to add,
is many of us won't be here...breeding dogs if this commercial puppy market
continues to grow.  Hunte just like Walmart, will push the little guys out of
business.

  If Hunte's intent on joining the club was to show dogs, it will be
interesting to see the faces that latch on to him at the shows.  The attraction
of people with money and the hope of getting a piece of the money for
themselves is like bees to honey or maybe a better analogy in this case would
be like flies to dog sh*t.

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com

<hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Jeff that was extremely well put. To me the whole Hunte system is like what
Tyson or other chicken plants do..except the Hunte product is puppies.
Tyson and other chicken companies subcontract out to farmers to raise the
chickens. the facilities are USDA inspected..just like Hunte's. When the
chickens are ready for market..then a semi comes and picks up the
chickens..just like the Hunte Semis pick up the puppies,,the farmers are
then paid..the chickens are taken to an interim point..examined for
disease..those that pass are taken to their final destination..the diseased
ones are destroyed...same with Hunte's puppies.The chickens are kept for
examination..then the healthy ones trucked to their final destination the
unhealthy destroyed..The chickens end up on our dinner plate..the puppies
end up at petland to sit in cages for Lord knows how long. Then Hunte would
have you believe that all his minimum wage employees that probably have a
high turn over rate are caring a loving to their caged puppies. At the end
of the day..the fate of the chicken is probably best.The chicken isn't bred
to be a companion for man, and its death comes swiftly....For the puppy,it
sits day in and day in its
USDA government inspected sterile cage where is it allowed to urinate and
defecate through a grate so that no one has to come clean up after it,
only to sit and wait for someone to toss a few crumbs of attention their
way. To Hunte..puppies are like chickens..massed produced to satisfy the
publics demand. The GSDCA and AKC have validated Hunte. what some on the
Board don't realize is that Mr. Hunte is going to be your undoing, some of
.you will be forever tarnished for your association with him..at the end of
the day..was it worth it??? Oh and for the record..I understand that Hunte
actually has two GSD's.one is a bitch purchased a couple of years ago from
the same breeder..so when the breeders decided to sell Hunte a second
GSD..they had foreknowledge of his business..and sold him another to finish
anyhow. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

where she said not to judge any board member by one vote. I completely
agree with that statement and I don't think that there needs to be a "witch
hunt" over this. However, again when the membership is begging and
pleading for answers and a response, the worst thing to do is hide and hope
it all goes away.

> Those who are upset over this issue are very passionate and want their
voices heard. When most of us think about a truck load of puppies being
sent over the country from large kennel to another, it breaks our heart.
Regardless about how clean and sanitary any of the facilities are, the vast
majority of us believe in caring for, loving, and spoiling our puppies.
Mass breeding for profit goes against every piece of reasoning and passion
for our breed. I believe the membership is so upset over this because the
board voting yes for this Hunte guy appears to turn our belief system
upside down.

> Jeff Pyle

representative of
> the membership voice.
>
> In addition, some of the Board members that voted yes to Hunte are
usually some
> of the most vocal on this list. You say we will soon hear from one of
them and
> that is all good. But, the members have been crying out to them for
several
> days now, only to hear nothing. I am certain some are traveling or have
work or
> other obligations...but not all of them. I can only guess that they are
waiting
> for a calming period. That is called avoidance. In my line of work
avoidance
> is simply not tolerated. In most lines of business it's not. I think
the most
> important trait we could ask of our elected officials, in any area, is
> responsiveness. Even if I still won't agree with what went down, I don't
think
> that it is unreasonable to ask for response.
>
> I like this board. I like it a lot. I voted for most of them and I feel
that,
> in general, they do a great job. My fear for them is that one or two big
issues
> are going to taint their terms. So, let's not let that happen.
Communication
> is the key here.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Pyle

Hunte
> was voted into membership by at least one person, and we should listen
with
> an open mind.
>
> I was pleased to hear our board member's reasons, and understand why that

> person voted the way they did. I was not there, I was not elected to the

> board, I was not asked to give my opinion, and I have been careful not to
do
> so.
>
> I am just an observer, and I have great trust and faith in our board
> members, no matter how they voted.
>
> Evan
> _Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
> http://www.asgardgsd.com/
> Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

> POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the
original
kind

MANNER

> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL

> PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A

www.cinosamgsd.com