[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Tribute for our Beloved Friends

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:30:32 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2005 5:03:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dir@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Come on  PC let's recognize those
that had an impact on the breed even of they let  their membership lapse.
Sandi card

Right on Sandi,
And why stop there? Afterall anyone who has ever been owned by and loved by
a GSD, in some way may have a story to share. If you will allow me to  share...
My own father bought my first "show dog" for me from Caralon kennels in the
late 70s. He adored GSDs, and I left a companion GSD of mine (whom I had
bought  many years before) with he and my Mom, when I went into the Air  Force.
The
only time I ever heard this man cry, a decorated WW11 veteran, was  the day
he put that old dog down. I came back to him with another big bi color  and
gave "Mike" (ironically also my Dad's name) to him.....my dad and he  were
BESTEST BUDDIES.  My dad passed of a sudden heart attack and six  month later
while
my mom was losing her battle to cancer, in the final days, it  was  My Dads
Best Friend, that NEVER left her bedside.  My father's  best friend was able to
comfort her, even when he could not. My dad was the  greatest, one of the all
time great animal , esp GSD lovers. I think stories  like that are more about
what this breed has meant to the world than shows,  points, etc. the common
man, if you will,  should be included....everyone  has a story about their
beloved dogs, and behind those  dogs....THEIR WONDERFUL  PEOPLE, who loved them
heart and  soul. Judges to Princes to Paupers...they ALL matter.
Kathy