[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Special time for Jim in Canada

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:16:58 EDT

During one of the lunch breaks in Canada we were treated to a Canadian
version of our Working Dog Sport and it was a very interesting presentation.
The
dogs were demonstrating their Obedience Skills, scaled a wall, and performed
all
of the other tasks leading up to the Search and Capture of the bad guy.

Sitting ringside calmly watching the demonstration was Dan Smith and CH Jim
vom Fiemereck SchHIII, ROM.  Jim watched as all the other dogs got to play and
then all of a sudden when the Helper appeared with a sleeve Jim said no way
was he going to watch anymore, it was now his time to play too.  As Dan drug
Jim
away from the ring so they would not disturb the demonstration Jim voiced his
displeasure by barking and he kept looking at Dan with those wonderful eyes
and wagging tail as if to say, let me play too.

After the demonstration was completed Bill Randall went up to Dan and asked
if he would like to let Jim come into the ring.  What a thrill it was to watch
Jim who had not been in the SchH Ring for at least 4 years and who is now
almost 10 years old himself, take the sleeve with much vigor and proudly carry
the
sleeve out of the ring to a huge round of applause.

Jim was till wagging his tail and looking at people as if to say, I can still
do it.  What a wonderful moment, sort of what makes dog shows don't you think?

Lew