[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A Sign of the Times

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

I am second generation.  In truth, whether it is because I have had no
champions or because I keep my opinions about other dogs to myself, or because
I have long hair, I am treated like a kid, most of the time.  Only a few
handlers know I have been here on and off for 30 years.  The handlers that are
about my age treat me with due respect, as I do them.  But the true old timers
look down at me still.  And the ones who did not know me as a kid tend to treat
me as a newby.

  I have been raised on the standard, and I did not breed until I thought I had
a shot at making something really special.

  Now that I have a litter, small though it may be, I am hoping my male will
set the record straight about what I think I know.  Even now, he is looking
like a champion.  At 4 weeks I gotta say, he makes an impression.

  But he has yet to be seen by the fancy.  So I look forward to opinions about
my pups as soon as they are seen.  I hope everyone who sees them will venture
an opinion.  I don't have to agree with anyone, but I want to hear.
  Sheila