[ SHOWGSD-L ] A SUGGESTION....Circling the Wagons in Texas and beyond!

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:34:56 -0700

Stormy is absolutely wonderful and faithful in also always trying to alert
us to this huge problem.  Problem is some of us are not on Facebook and
many of us don't take the time a lot of the time to really go to the
sites and study and find out what the bill really is and what points to
write on....and what address and person to write to.

Most of us would be GLAD to write letters....but we need some kind
of organization and leader in writing a letter for us to use to get us
to get it done.
Sometimes I am able to write or call....and there are many times I just
don't get it done for lack of time or organized focus.  I mean to...but
often I do not.

These are SERIOUSLY problematic bills...MEANT to TAKE US OUT as breeders
and exhibitors and even pet owners.  We need to get serious too!

IMO what most of us need is a literal "letter writer"....that writes
up something for us to copy to some degree...and give us the exact mailing
address and with the letter or letters to utilize...almost ALL of us
would get it done...and as Corresponding Secretaries to some Clubs
some of us could get our Club members to write.
BUT...in all honesty if you wait for each of us to "act" and "write" on
every single warning with sites to go to and look it up..... without
this kind of aid....honestly and sadly I doubt most of us will do it
much of the time.   Also we need to know if it does any good for anyone
in California to write about a bill in Texas....sometimes...or never?

Many of us have risen to the occasion many times when the Bill is ready to
pass and is almost life threatening to our way of life and in our States,
but again...my best suggestion is that we need a literal letter writer to
lead us...and THEN we will all follow.....

If Stormy and a few others who are on top of this kind of Legislation could
have a couple of great correspondence people to write it up...and give us
a mailing address...I bet our "warriors" would stand in line to help and
write letters that are similar copies and  "get 'er done".

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

] On Behalf Of Scharo777@xxxxxxx
Fwd: Please Read - V. Imp. -Circling the Wagons in Texas and beyond!

Please Read - V. Imp. -Circling  the Wagons in Texas and beyond!

The following is from Responsible Pet Owners of Texas - They work  for the
Hobby Breeder i.e. us

They have a Lobbiest and have hired a attorney to repeal a law  passed in
Texas 2 years ago.  They are a serious organization.

Every one needs to be ready to stand together and start letter  writing
campaigns against the new USDA  regulations.
Be sure of this - animal  activitists want to end ALL PURE BRED BREEDING.
And they are winning .   Because of our apathy.

Carol Moore

From Mary Beth Duerler
TX RPOA E-News Editor

It seems  some subscribers didn't understand Frank Losey's "Call to Action"
that  RPOA sent out yesterday. One email labeled it: "toxic hyperbole, OMG
Call to Battle (undefined) STATIONS!!!! The Sky is Falling, etc." (Their
Quotes, not mine.)
They complained they couldn't find anything of  substance as to what "I can
do to protect my rights and property." Then  asked RPOA: "Is it your
purpose to simply forward emotional outbursts  and whip up the masses, or
do
you mean to add value?"
Yes, yes to all  of the above!

Primarily Losey's message was an attempt to reach our  silent majority
about
"unity" and standing strong against the Animal  Rights Industry. In other
words, "Get Ready" and calling for a federal  judge to issue an injunction,
which requires major funding from national  groups. It was to give us hope
that we can do something if we are  united.
We've been issuing specific action alerts until we're blue in the  face and
rest assured they will come at the appropriate time.

The  AR Industry is divided somewhat but always join hands for their
radical
legislative agenda at all levels of government. Perhaps few subscribers
know that animal welfare groups are terribly divided on the  state/national
levels and have been overcome with "apathy" until now.  We're losing in
Texas and on the federal level with this recent USDA  ruling.

Every Texas animal interest group has only been concerned  about their
personal interests at the Legislature each session; such as  the Farm
Bureau,
TX Veterinary Medical Association, Ranchers  (hunting/breeding exotics),
Cattle Raisers, Assistance Animals and  Search & Rescue groups, etc.

Commercial breeders have felt  show/hobby breeders should be USDA regulated
as they are regulated.  Show/hobby/performance breeders have felt they were
superior to  commercial breeders. Pet stores and backyard breeders fall
somewhere  in-between and have been badmouthed by everyone.
Show/hobby/performance  breeders cannot supply enough purebreds to satisfy
the pet demand. Pets  have a short life cycle and must be replaced. The
fanatics seem to  believe that every dog or cat born lives forever.

I assure you, we  feel your pain but
RPOA and other state federations all over the U.S.  have been calmly
telling
show/hobby/performance breeders and all pet  animal owners the sky is
falling
for over 20 years and few paid any  attention. So perhaps it's time to
shout. It IS now or never as Frank  says because the Animal Rights Industry
isn't near through with us yet.  There is no "win this battle" and win the
"war." It is forever if we are  to preserve our historic relationship with
animals. We must all look at  the overall picture. Animal Rights means no
animals left!

RPOA  has known this was coming and it's the reason we formed in 1991 - to
become a reasonable voice regarding all animal issues and to solve  animal
problems IN TEXAS before pet ownership is regulated out of  existence here.
It is absolutely essential that we become a strong Texas  group to counter
the anti-pet, anti-breeding legislative agenda of  Humane Society of the
US,
Texas Humane Legislation Network and ASPCA,  who are now assisted by animal
shelters, local humane societies, some  rescuers, and city governments.

This is not the time to panic as we  mentioned last week. It takes time to
even interpret the new USDA  regulations, ask USDA questions regarding
enforcement, get feedback.  USDA speaks out of both sides of their mouth.

RPOA was already  developing a strategy for the upcoming year just as we
did
last year  leading up to the Legislature. It will be specific and is
ambitious; to  be announced soon and take funding.
Next week we're mailing out 500  letters to all AKC, UKC, cat, bird pet
clubs
and will us our E-News to  keep everyone else informed. We've never been
short on initiatives but  our strength will come from "you," our members
and
E-News subscribers.  What you can do right now is get animal lovers
subscribed to this E-News  so we can rally the troops with one e-mail. We
should easily have 6,000  subscribers and we have less than 2,000!

Anyone can subscribe to this  announcement only email list to stay informed
regarding
all Texas  animal issues by emailing a blank message  to:
TX_RPOA_E-News-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Donate with PayPal or  mail in:
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
Yes, we can win this war and have  every intention of doing so! But it does
take your vocal and financial  support. More later. Stay tuned. I'm sure
the AR extremists  are!

__._,_.___
_Reply  via web post_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwMW5oc2ozBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0Mj
QxMQRtc2dJZAM1OTQEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzgwMTI1MTk1?act=reply&mes
sageNumY4)   _Reply  to sender _
(mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20Circling%20the%20Wagons%20in%20Texas%20and%20beyond!)
  _Reply  to group _
(mailto:TX_RPOA_E-News@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re:%20Circling%20the%20Wagons%20in%
20Texas%20and%20beyond!)  _Start  a New Topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNTA2bTVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1N
zEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzODAxMjUxOTU-)
   _Messages  in this topic_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News/message/594;_ylc=X3oDMTMzcGJ2MnI5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNw
SWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRtc2dJZAM1OTQEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzgwMTI1MTk1
BHRwY0lkAzU5NA--)  (1)
Recent Activity:

_Visit  Your Group_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TX_RPOA_E-News;_ylc=X3oDMTJma3BzMWR2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzNzg1NzEwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0MjQxMQRzZ
WMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzODAxMjUxOTU-)

RPOA Texas Outreach  (501 C4 Nonprofit)
www.rpoatexasoutreach.org
Responsible Pet Owners  Alliance (501 C3 Nonprofit)
www.responsiblepetowners.org
900 NE Loop  410 #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
Donations make all things  possible!