[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Question about Pumpkin vs Squash

  • From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:41:32 EDT

One of our dogs has colitis that was not well controlled even with
medication, but after I read on the list a couple of months ago about adding
pumpkin
to a diet for help with this, we did. The results  were remarkable. Not only
did her loose stools nearly stop, she gained  weight and of course she looks
like she feels terrific. And now my grocery store  has stopped carrying cans of
pumpkin. We live pretty far out in the country, so  going to another grocery
store isn't all that easy. And yes, I can ask them to  start carrying the
pumpkin again, and no, they don't have any fresh  pumpkins right now either.
But in
the meantime I wondered if anyone  knew the answer to this question. Since
squash and pumpkin are closely related  as vegetables, does squash do the same
thing as pumpkin for the dogs? The  grocery store has lots of cans of squash
around, and if it gives the same result  then I can buy up their stock of that
too.  Anyone ever try it in place of  the pumpkin?
Steve &  Pat Roda - Visit us on the web at _www.gsdstyle.com_
(http://www.gsdstyle.com/)
Home of Sel CH  Ken-Delaine's Egoiste, ROM OFA
and Sel EX CH. Bil-Mar's Here Comes Trouble  OFA!