[ SHOWGSD-L ] A New Arrival.....Non Doggy

  • From: Schattengsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:26:14 EST

Today at 2:03 P.M. one more addition arrived here.   Our Red Simmental Cow,
Lucy, gave us a beautiful red roan bull calf.   Boy, is he BIG!  My daughter,
Charla, and I guess that he is  approximately 95 to 100 pounds.  She assisted
with the delivery. She pulled  with each of the heavy contractions as he was so
big. She says we should call  him TugBoat or Tugger. What a Cutie! Hopefully
he'll be Charles' (my son's)  county steer in a year and a half.

Now we have 3 cows, 1 baby heifer one month old and  now 1 bull calf.  Then
one last baby is due in July.  Oh,  almost forgot about my son's Steer too.  I
think I shoudn't have listed all  them....that is a HERD!

We (the kids and I) enjoy the cattle almost as much as  the dogs.  It's my
son's project but I think I get alot from it as  well....:)  We are going to a
fitting Class next month.  For those  that don't know what that is, it is about
the grooming and clipping of the  cattle before the shows.  Usually our
rancher, who got us started, would do  most of it but as we continue with the
cattle it would only be in our best  interest to learn ourselves. So, next
month
we're off to school.
My son is the youngest of my children and has taken me down a  different path
than my 3 girls.  Naturally his interests are not the  same as the girls
except with the cattle.  He did take after my youngest  daughter and we're
having
a Great Time.  You might remember our brag last  year from the county
fair.....FFA Grand Champion  Steer.

For those that know me, would probably say... Who would  have thought that
Lois would be hauling a 27 foot goose neck trailer on  weekends when she's not
at the dog shows.  The things we do for our kids  and loving every minute of it
too.

Enough braggin on the new Bull Calf.  I promise next time  that it will be a
doggy brag......and that will be soon......:)

Lois Gregor & Kids
Schatten Shepherds