[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Moment in Time

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 18:45:08 -0500

Last Sunday at Easter Brunch, Sandi Card, Nanc and I were planning our show
weekend in Indianapolis. Nanc would attend the family wedding in Minnesota,
Sandi and I would go to the shows and all would be great. By Tuesday our world
was changed forever. Sadly our best friend and mentor would meet with a
terrible accident. All our dreams would be halted....no we did what we thought
Sandi would want. Nanc went to the wedding, my sister and I went to the dog
show. Sandi would want us to keep on track with our goals. It was Sandi who
would say, "I am only one vote, but this is my idea and vote....show Ridley
only outside on grass and only when he is ready." While our friend was laying
in the hospital with a terrible injury we went to the show with our dog Ridley.
Sandi and I picked this boy when he was just a baby. We watched him grow and
hoped for the best. We all travelled to Texas for his Futurity where we were
pleased when he went Reserve Junior Dog under Bud Drew. While in Texas he even
picked up a Best Puppy under Twyla Minor. Then to the National where he placed
first in his 12-18 month class with Cappy Pottle. Diane and Tim Brown kept the
boy all winter since Sandi said he would be in better hands there with lots of
Tim time. Sandi, Nanc and I looked so forward to his debut this weekend. We
planned, hoped and got "nervous and jerky" thinking about the possibility of
our boy.
On the same day that our dear Sandi passed; our boy, Keggi Fair's Ridley v
Hollamor was selected Winners dog and Best Opposite for a 5 point major under
Judge Debbie Hokkanen with Diane Brown on the lead every step of the way. We
were thrilled beyond belief at the same time we were so sad that our Sandi was
not there to see this happen. We think she was there in spirit yelling "attaboy
Ridley". Sandi will be with us at every show from here on....in our hearts and
spirit! We will miss our good friend forever and will remember all she taught
us in life and dog world drama.

Today Ridley received a major reserve under Sally Hayden.

A Memorial will be set up for Sandi in the next week.